Getting to the conference venue
Address: Télécom Saint-Etienne, 25 rue du Dr Remy Annino, 42000 Saint-Etienne
Registration: room D03 (monday 16th 8:30am-5.00pm, tuesday 17th 8:30am-5.00pm)
GPS: 45.452632, 4.386836
To get to the conference venue by public transportation:
The STAS (Saint-Etienne Public Transport service) proposes tickets on sale from the ticket vending machines (at every tram stop) and at STAS sales outlets.
Usually, you would have used trams, but there are many large works planned this summer for the extension of the tramway network. So you can continue to use tram T3 from the railway station at tram stop “GARE SNCF CHATEAUCREUX” in direction of “BELLEVUE – SOLAURE” and get off at stop “PEUPLE LIBERATION”.
Then to go to the North of the town in the direction of the Conference venue, you will have to get the “NAVETTE TRAM” which replaces both trams T1 and T2. The stop is in front of the ZARA women clothing store and the PIERY jewelry shop, 100 meters from the stop where you previously get off, and the direction is labelled “HOPITAL NORD”. You will then have to get off at the “CITE DU DESIGN” stop.
To get information about public transportation in the town, don’t trust Google Maps and others as they do not take into account the modifications due to the works, but use the STAS journey planner (https://goo.gl/7mtQeq).
The conference sessions will take place at Telecom Saint-Etienne (Engineering School), 25 rue du Dr Remy Annino, 42000 Saint-Etienne, France. Auditorium J022 and room A012.
Registration desk, coffee breaks and lunches
The registration desk, coffee breaks and lunches will take place in the building in front of Telecom Saint-Etienne. Room D03.
Coming to France: Visa information
How to get to Saint-Etienne?
Lyon Airport (LYS), Saint-Exupéry (25 km Est to Lyon, 70 km from Saint-Etienne).
The Rhônexpress tramway links the Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport to the Lyon-Part-Dieu train station.
There are direct trains from Part-Dieu train station to Saint-Etienne.
Paris Airports (CDG – Charles de Gaulle / ORY – Orly)
If you arrive to one of these two airports in Paris, you have two options:
- To take another flight to Lyon (LYS) ;
- To take a train to Saint-Etienne. There are some direct trains from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Lyon (3 times a day). Otherwise, from both airports you need to take the RER B (or the bus from Orly) to the train station “Paris-Gare de Lyon” and from there take a train to Lyon or directly to Saint-Etienne.
The main train station in Saint-Etienne is called “Gare de Châteaucreux“.
- There are direct trains from Paris “Gare de Lyon” to Saint-Etienne Châteaucreux (3 times a day).
- There are direct trains from Lyon (“Lyon-Part-Dieu”) to Saint-Etienne Châteaucreux (twice per hour).
- There are direct trains from Paris “Gare de Lyon” to “Lyon-Part-Dieu” (1 per hour).
- There are direct trains from Bruxelles to Lyon (5 times a day).
See: MISNC 2018 map